Feb 29, 2024
Program Goals for Sussex County Community College’s Pre-Law Liberal Arts Option: Prepare students seeking admission to law school for rigorous graduate-level academic curriculum by developing those skills particularly important to the study and practice of law. Utilize an interdisciplinary approach emphasizing development of critical thinking, writing and analytical skills. Provide students a curriculum in legal theory that will provide a stimulating, thought-provoking educational experience while providing a foundation upon which to facilitate and promote student success in law school.
The objectives of this program are to:
- Develop critical thinking, writing and analytical skills essential to the study and practice of law.
- Know the fundamental concepts of the American Legal System which will facilitate success in the rigorous study of law.
- Acquire an interdisciplinary education necessary for success in the rigorous study of law.
- Gain insight into and familiarity with the practice of law.
- GMSC 000 - Math/Science Gen Ed Requirement Credits: 3
- PHIL 000 - Philosophy Gen Ed Requirement Credits: 3
- PRLW 000 - Option Elective Credits: 3
- GLCA 001 - Global & Cultural Awareness Gen Ed Requirement Credits: 3
- HIST 001 - History Gen Ed Requirement Credits: 3
Global and Cultural Awareness, Technology, Humanities, Social Science, and Philosophy General Education Courses
Choose from the list of approved courses in the College catalog.
History General Education Courses
Choose from the list of approved History General Education courses in the College catalog. Must choose a level I & II sequence.
Program Option Electives
Choose from BUSA 205 or any LEGA course designation.
Students may need to first take some developmental courses that are designed to prepare students for the college‐level coursework in their academic plan. This may add to the students’ completion time. The number of credits students take each semester will determine when the student will complete his/her program of study.